Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Tides of Time.

     So much has changed in the last year or so that I decided to just start another blog. It seems like an appropriate metaphor, since I essentially feel like I started over in my life.
     When I last posted a blog, I was married, still working at the cafe, and just starting school. Oh where to begin...First off, I started going back to church.
     In April, my husband and I separated. I won't publicly state why, but I will say that if anyone else has gotten married young or is living with a lot of anger and is doubting their marriage, and they need someone to talk to, I'm hear to talk to you if you want. I also met my weight loss goal in April.
     In June, I met Brent, a co-worker of my brother. We started talking and I figured out that he was exactly the kind of man I should have been looking for all along.
     In July, I got a tattoo on my leg to cover the one I had of my ex's name. This one is of a rose with a banner that reads: 1 Corinthians 13:4. This was to remind myself what God really meant for love to be like. On a similar note, I officially started dating Brent.
     In October my divorce was final.
     In January I learned that the cafe wouldn't be able to make it much longer, and started looking for another job. Remember that part time job at the paper I mentioned last year? Well, it happened this year. The week I started here the cafe closed. I miss it, and I miss Nina, but we still keep in touch.
     Lately, I've been trying to be stronger as a Christian. I'm trying to go to church every sunday, and I've been trying to read my Bible more and more. So, instead of giving you LOL's like I did before, I'll end each blog with a Bible verse. I've not got much else to say right now, so I think I'll leave the first post short and sweet.


1 Corinthians 13:4-8 

 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

2 comments: